The purpose of the Financial Relief Grant is to improve the quality of life for young adult Friends who have impaired quality of life due to low income (usually defined as earning below the living wage).
Applicants should be:
- A member of, or closely connected with, the Religious Society of Friends in Britain
- Aged 18-35
- Have impaired quality of life due to low income (usually defined as earning below the living wage)
Grants might be made for the following, but may be considered for other things:
- Living expenses
- Emergency or unexpected costs (e.g. breakdown of fridge)
- Help with the costs relating to non-Quaker learning (music, driving, etc.)
- Equipment for a new or developing hobby (IT equipment, music or sports equipment etc.)
- Help with travel costs
How to apply
To apply please read the guidance notes and complete the application form.
Applications may be made at any time. We aim to process Financial Relief Grants as quickly as possible, however, they will usually be decided and, if approved paid, within a month. In some cases they may be paid within 1-2 weeks, but this will not always be possible.
The application must include the contact details of a supporting Friend who is able to confirm the eligibility of the application.