All projects applying must be for peacebuilding or for relief of people who are suffering as a result of natural disasters, climate change, war, conflict or social and economic deprivation, but not for immediate crisis relief.
Each project must have a Britain Yearly Meeting Quaker link (person or group) and the application should come from the concern of Friends, supported at least through their local meetings. Projects need not be Quaker led.
Annual grants will usually be for up to £4,000 per project. In exceptional circumstances we may consider applications above this amount. Single payments might be made, but grants for two or three years may also be considered. Existing as well as new projects may be supported and these grants may cover only part of the total funding required.
This year we are continuing to fund:
- space for an information service for refugees, asylum seekers and vulnerable migrants in Lewisham, London (PDF)
- a project enabling young people from Dheisheh Palestinian Refugee Camp to attend Al Quds University (PDF)
We have provided funding for the first time for:
- equipment and training for a local hospital in Abeka in the DRC (PDF)
- a part-time administrator for a popular peaceful schools project in mid Wales (PDF)
- two “Community Ambassadors" providing support for new mothers in Croydon who are recent immigrants (PDF)
- training for local people living in the Monze area of Zambia to teach permaculture gardening to local schools and groups (PDF)
- a pilot project to encourage asylum seekers granted 'leave to remain' to settle in Penrith (PDF)
Previous Quaker News articles featuring QPSW Relief projects:
- "A safe space for young asylum seekers" (PDF) - article from Quaker News 96
- "Committed to peace" (PDF) - article from Quaker News 97
- "Relief grant offers Palestinian refugees a chance at university (PDF)" - article from Quaker News 99
How to apply
Applications for 2020 will open at the end of October 2019 and close at the end of January 2020.
The 2019 documents are below, for information only. These should not be used for 2020 applications as there will be new documents available.
- QPSW Relief Grants application form 2019 (PDF)
- QPSW Relief Grants description 2019 (PDF)
- QPSW Relief Grants application guidance 2019 (PDF)
If you have any questions about the application process please contact the Grants Programme Officer.