Host a workshop
- provide opportunities to come together, learn, reflect, practice and plan
- require a suitable space and at least six participants (it will be made available wider than the hosting meeting)
- typically run from 10.30–4pm on weekends (but could be a half day)
- cost £5 per participant (payable on the day).
Request an opportunity to come together as a community focussing on one of the following aspects:
- considering how all can be welcome (this is a half day)
- thinking about worshipping all together
- experiencing storytelling (Godly Play and the Quaker Faith and Play)
- exploring Philosophy 4 Community.
These opportunities could be for all ages together (apart from Philosophy 4 Community, which is not suitable for the very young).
Request a workshop for adults on one of a variety of topics relating to children or young people:
- being ready for children and families
- babies and toddlers in Quaker meeting
- building relationships with children
- working with small numbers across a wide age range
- exploring the spiritual with young people.
Hosting meetings might offer a childcare facility alongside the workshop, guidance is available for this.
To find out more about these opportunities check our 'Growing community' leaflet (PDF).
Within two weeks of making a request, you will be contacted to confirm the date and to let you know the names of the Friends who will work with you. One of them will be in touch with you to take this forward.
There are currently no upcoming workshops to book on.
If you have any questions please contact CYP administrator, email@example.com, 020 7663 1013.
Quaker Youth Work Conference March 2020
This conference is held every 18 months for all those involved in running events for young Quakers aged 11+. There will be opportunities for networking and trying out activities you might use with young people including using Philosophy for Communities, and exploring issues around peace education, gambling, power and equality and worship.
To find out more about this event check the conference leaflet (PDF).
See below details of the conferences that we held to support children and young people's work done in Quaker meetings across Britain.
Area Meeting Children's and Young People's Work Advocates Day Conference February 2020 in Lancaster
A group of Advocates for Children & Young People's Work met together in Lancaster and heard good news stories and shared concerns about the role. In the afternoon they heard a report from Luton & Leighton Area Meeting on a listening exercise done to hear the thoughts and views of children & young people on being Quaker, Quaker worship and how being Quaker makes a difference.
All Are Welcome - Engaging with Quaker Families March 2019 at Friends House, London
This was a day where people came together to share stories, ideas, hopes and experiences about making our Quaker community welcome to all.
For further information and to obtain the 'All are welcome' resource contact firstname.lastname@example.org.