Beautiful Trouble 4 Climate Strikers
11 April 2020, Manchester
Join this lively and interactive workshop to learn and explore tactics, principles and strategy to supercharge our climate strikes!
There is no Planet B.
So we must win.
We will be considering –
- How can we come together to make change?
- What are affinity groups?
- What can we learn from past movements?
- What tactics can we use to supercharge our activism into the change we want to see?
- How can we build confidence in our activism?
- And how can we support and include each other in this fight to have our planet – and future - thrive?
12-1pm: shared lunch. Please bring vegan food to share.
All welcome, but this workshop is specifically aimed at School Climate Strikers. Bring your stories of climate striking, and your hearts, head and hands.
“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing."― Arundhati Roy
The day will be facilitated by Lyndsay Burtonshaw from Turning the Tide at Britain Yearly Meeting, Quakers GB. Lyndsay (they/she) is a facilitator, and has worked with activists on public speaking, white allyship for racial justice, anti-oppression, nonviolent direct action, spiritual activism, and radical youth work. Lyndsay is a Quaker, and is part of collectives Stansted 15, Beautiful Trouble, and Queer Tours Of London, and they love performing drag and sea swimming.
Contact Lyndsay with any questions on email@example.com.
For more information contact: