Welcome to the Technical Support page for Yearly Meeting Gathering.
We will be updating our general FAQ and Technical Support pages regularly.
For general support and enquiries, please contact the Yearly Meeting team by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Yearly Meeting Gathering will be an online only event, running for three weeks. Friends will need to book their place online to be able to access the event. Yearly Meeting sessions and fringe events will be held using Zoom. Zoom is a video conferencing tool which many Friends may have experience of using to hold meetings online.
Friends will be able to view the events on our Bookings platform. Please see this video on how to use it.
Some frequently asked questions are below.
Technical support help
How can I join Yearly Meeting Gathering?
- Yearly Meeting Gathering will be an online event for Quakers. All Friends who wish to attend will need to book their place online. Information about bookings will be available shortly. At Yearly Meeting Gathering, all events will be held online using Zoom video calling software. Friends who have successfully booked their place will be able to choose the events they wish to attend. Friends should be comfortable using a computer and will need a reliable internet connection to join online sessions and events.
What equipment do I need?
- Yearly Meeting Gathering is an online-only event. We recommend using a device with a good, reliable internet connection. To join the events and sessions, we recommend using a device which has a webcam and a microphone. A computer, laptop, or portable tablet device are recommended. Some smartphones may work but we recommend using a device with a large screen.
How do I join a Zoom meeting?
- You can join a meeting by clicking the link provided on the Yearly Meeting Planner (Sched). The link will appear in the description for the event about 10 minutes before the session is due to start.
Do you need an account to use Zoom?
- A Zoom account is not required if you are joining Zoom Meetings as a participant. If you choose to attend a meeting, you can join as a participant without creating an account. However, if you plan to offer an fringe or community event, you will need to have your own Zoom account to run this event.
Who can help me with Zoom?
- We encourage Friends to speak with others in their meeting or worshipping community for support in person. Our Yearly Meeting team can be contacted directly for support, please email the team at: email@example.com.
Sched: our Yearly Meeting planner
What is Sched?
- Sched is our online platform for Yearly Meeting Gathering. When the YMG Planner is referred to, this is held on the Sched website. All events for YMG will be listed on Sched, and participants can choose their schedule on the website. When you register for Yearly Meeting Gathering, we will use your information to give you access to the YMG Sched site.
How do I access the planner?
- When you have registered your place for Yearly Meeting Gathering, your information will be used to create a Sched profile for you. You will receive an email containing a link to the YMG Planner (Sched platform). We hope to process your registration and Sched profile within one week. Please open the link and log on to the YMG Planner, creating a password of your choice.
How do I access the events?
- Events at YMG can only be accessed through the YMG
Planner on Sched. It is a good idea to spend time in advance, choosing events you want to
attend and creating your own schedule.
If you want to attend a session at YMG, log into your Sched account. The events will be listed on the home page. To choose an event please “tick and select" it. That event will then appear in your schedule.
Around ten minutes before the scheduled start time of any event a link to the meeting room (usually on Zoom) will be displayed in the event details. This is the case for all events, including theme-related events, fringe events, Yearly Meeting plenary sessions, Larks & Owls. As you “tick and select" each chosen event, it will appear in your schedule.
I would like to change my chosen events
- If you planned to attend an event but later find you cannot, please go into your schedule on the YMG Planner and “de-select" it.
This will free up space for another Friend to attend. Most events have a limit on numbers, either because of the nature of the event, or because of technical limits on Zoom.
I am on the waiting list for an event
- If you select an event that is full, a message will appear to say that you are on a waiting list. If a space later opens up, you will receive a notification on the YMG planner and that event will appear in your schedule. It's worth checking your schedule from time to time to see what has opened up, should you yourself be on waiting lists.
Where can I find help in the planner?
- The YMG Planner has options for accessing pastoral care, YM elders and the Helpdesk. These can be found in the menu at the top of most pages. You can also access the help desk by phone or email.
If you have a question about accessing a particular event, please double-check that you have chosen that session. It should appear in your schedule on the YMG planner.