Welcome to the Technical Support page for Yearly Meeting.
We will be updating our general FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) and Technical Support pages regularly.
For general support and enquiries, please contact the Yearly Meeting team by email: email@example.com
Yearly Meeting will be a blended event, with Friends meeting both in person at Friends House and online. Friends will need to book their place in advance to be able to join the event. Yearly Meeting preparation sessions and fringe events will be held using Zoom. Zoom is a video conferencing tool which many Friends may have experience of using to hold meetings online.
Some frequently asked questions are below.
Technical support help
How can I join Yearly Meeting?
- Yearly Meeting will be a blended event. All Friends who wish to attend will need to book their place online. At Yearly Meeting 2023, all events will be held online using Zoom video calling software, and the Yearly Meeting sessions will also be in-person. Friends should be comfortable using a computer and will need a reliable internet connection to join online sessions and events.
What equipment do I need?
- Yearly Meeting is a blended event. If you plan to attend online, we recommend using a device with a good, reliable internet connection. To join the events and sessions, we recommend using a device which has a webcam and a microphone. A computer, laptop, or portable tablet device are recommended. Some smartphones may work but we recommend using a device with a large screen.
How do I join a Zoom meeting?
- You can join a meeting by clicking the link provided in the email sent to confirm the details for the event, you will be able to access the meeting about 10 minutes before the session is due to start.
Do you need an account to use Zoom?
- A Zoom account is not required if you are joining Zoom Meetings as a participant. If you choose to attend a meeting, you can join as a participant without creating an account.
Who can help me with Zoom?
- We encourage Friends to speak with others in their meeting or worshipping community for support in person. Our Yearly Meeting team can be contacted directly for support, please email the team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sched: our Yearly Meeting planner
Will the additional session run on Sched: our Yearly Meeting Planner
- Sched: our Yearly Meeting Planner is not needed for a one-day, one session event and is not being used for the additional session.