All parts of Britain Yearly Meeting must follow its policies on information security and data protection which Meeting for Sufferings Committee agreed on behalf of Meeting for Sufferings in July 2003.
This page details the various assistance the Data Safety Group at Friends House can give Friends to do this.
Other documents available
Please note: the General Data Protection Regulation is expected to come into force in May 2018. Information is not included in the Guidance for Meetings booklet (featured resource, above). Documents available to help Meetings comply with this Regulation (and others) are listed below.
The Information Commissioner's Office has an advice line for small organisations - 0303 123 113 (select option 4). Staff will answer questions on data protection law including the GDPR.
- Guide to GDPR 2018 (pdf) Revised March 2018
- Guide to data audit 2018 (pdf)
- Blank data audit template (word)
- Template data consent form (word) for local and area meetings to adapt for their own use (designed to comply with the GDPR)
- Information sheet on the FH contact database. Please contact the Data Safety Group (contact details below) for a copy.
- Every year we ask area meetings not registered with the Charity Commission (CC) and the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR) and therefore covered by BYM's original registered with the Information Commissioner's Office. Here is this year's form (word). See below to access guidance on whether area meetings registered with the CC and OSCR need to register.
Find a Meeting
Britain Yearly Meeting lists details of Quaker meetings on its website. Contact details listed on the "Find a meeting" webpage are considered public information. Yearly Meeting staff and others may give these to an enquirer without asking further permission.
Area meetings registered with the Charity Commission and Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR)
Area meetings which are already registered charities should consider whether the need to register with the Information Commissioner's Office.