May 2019 monthly mailing
Documents from the May 2019 monthly mailing for local and area meetings.
The covering letters
We also provide Word versions of the covering letters to help you paste items more easily into your local newsletter:
Documents for both local and area meetings
Listings and magazine:
- Books of the Month May 2019 (PDF)
- Woodbrooke upcoming courses May 2019 (PDF)
- Swarthmoor Hall courses and events Spring/Summer 2019 (PDF)
- Among Friends, No. 144, Spring 2019 (PDF)
Documents relating to the numbered items for both local and area meetings:
- 1. Growing an all-age community (PDF)
- 2. Living as a Quaker flyer (PDF)
- 3. Epistle of Junior Yearly Meeting (PDF)
- 4. Retreats at Woodbrooke flyer (PDF)
- 5. Tax Justice Sunday flyer (PDF)
- 6. Sustainability and new economy workshops flyer (PDF)
- 7. Roots of resistance action briefing (PDF)
- 8. Talking Friends flyer (PDF)
STOP PRESS: The latest edition of CIRcular magazine is now available. Produced annually by the Quaker Committee for Christian & Interfaith Relations (QCCIR), this is a digest of activities undertaken both by the Committee and Friends in interfaith and interchurch work across the yearly meeting. Paper copies will be sent out in the July 2019 monthly mailing.
STOP PRESS: Turning the Tide UK (Quaker Peace and Social Witness) is working in partnership with Woodbrooke Quaker Study Centre to offer a new online course on 'Inspiring Nonviolence'.
Please note that there are no documents relating to area meetings only.
Some items may not have an associated PDF document but will have a link to a web page in the body of the covering letter.
You will need Acrobat Reader to open the PDFs (already available on most computers). This can be downloaded for free at https://get.adobe.com/reader/.