We want Yearly Meeting Gathering to be accessible to all. This means catering for people with very different needs, both in the accommodation and in the planning of the event.
More information will be added to this page as we plan. Please check back. If you can't find what you need on this page now please don't hesitate to contact our Accessibility Officer Helen Cherry at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7663 1040.
You will be asked to provide information about your needs when booking.
- Using the university's booking system with some screen readers may be difficult. Yearly Meeting staff will be able to help you book. Contact email@example.com or 020 7663 1040.
- If you are not paying for your place (e.g. if you are the personal assistant of a disabled Friend) you will need to contact the Yearly Meeting Office before booking on firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7663 1040.
- If you are asking for a bursary from the Yearly Meeting this has to be organised before you book. Contact Gary Mitchell on email@example.com or call 020 7663 1006.
Rooms will generally be allocated close to the event.
Not all the accommodation is suitable for all needs. When booking, choose the type of accommodation you want. Meeting certain needs may need some coordination between university staff and our Accessibility Officer. We will find the most suitable accommodation we can for you and your group.
Lifts are only available in en suite and semi-en suite accommodation.
If the accommodation offered to you is not affordable you may request a bursary for this.
If you need Yearly Meeting Gathering documents in a particular format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7663 1040.
Assisted hearing facilities
Induction loops are fitted in the main halls, lecture theatres and many smaller meeting rooms. Most feed directly to hearing aids with a t-switch. In a few rooms, including the main meeting room (Butterworth Hall), there is an infra-red system. For the infra-red system, neckloops will need to be worn by those with hearing aids. Headsets are available for those without hearing aids.
We will provide speech to text live captioning in main events.
When you book, please tell us if you need specific hearing assistance.
The campus is fairly flat. Graduated fixed ramps allow for step-free access to buildings. There are lifts and all stairs have handrails.
- Mobility scooters: These can be provided free if you ask for one in advance. Please let us know if you are able to use a scooter. Scooters are not be allowed into most buildings.
- Disabled parking/Blue badges: If you need to bring your car, please tell us if you have a Blue Badge priority parking permit or not. NB When you book please tell us of any specific mobility assistance you need.
- Emergency evacuation: Please let us know what help you will need in an emergency evacuation. This includes any specific alert device or equipment you need.
If you have other needs
To help work out what else you might need, or if you can't find the information you want, please contact Helen Cherry on email@example.com or 020 7663 1040.