Directory of services: Elders and overseers
Support for Meetings Officer
020 7663 1023
Let us know what you think
We value your feedback and would like to hear about your experience of using the directory: in what ways do you find it useful, or are you aware of key information or a useful resource that isn't already included? Get in touch: email@example.com
Elders are responsible for fostering the spiritual life of a Quaker meeting, while overseers ensure the pastoral care of individuals and the worshipping community.
Britain Yearly Meeting support elders and overseers by providing training and resources. We also share activities they might want to consider to help them meet the spiritual and pastoral needs of their worshipping community.
You can download a PDF of the 'Directory of services: Elders and overseers'. This is a copy of this section as printed in May 2016 and so may be out of date. The web pages are kept up to date on an ongoing basis and the printed copies are updated every two years.
- Information leaflets
- Living eldership practical course (PDF)
- With a tender hand
- Being Friends Together (external site)
- Being Quaker, Doing Quaker (PDF)
- Explorations: Opportunities for meetings to explore their Quaker life (final review) (PDF)
- Sharing our meetings' stories (PDF)
- What do you do in meeting for worship? (PDF)