Small group wide age range workshop
24 June 2017, Cambridge
This workshop is for those involved in or supporting children's work in Quaker meetings who are working with small numbers of children of a wide age range.
The cost of the workshop is £5 per person payable on the day. All participants should bring a packed lunch.
The aims of the workshop are:
- To equip adults in a Quaker setting to work with a small group of children with a wide range of ages
- To help adults in a Quaker setting to share and explore difficulties, dilemmas and joys of working with small groups of children with a wide range of ages
- To introduce or reinforce ideas about children's learning and development at different ages to assist with appropriate nurture, planning and provision when working with small groups of children with a wide range of ages
By the end of the workshop participants will have:
- Explored difficulties, dilemmas and positive possibilities of working with small groups of children with a wide range of ages
- Considered and discussed theories and ideas about children's learning, well-being and development needs at different ages
- Practised planning and delivering a session that could be used with a small group of children with a wide range of ages
Timing, booking information and venue:
The day starts with refreshments at 10:15 and ends at 16:00. We invite Friends to take part and ask that each person uses the booking form as places are limited.
No places are available on the day without prior booking. We will confirm final details with you one week before the workshop. The workshop takes place at Cambridge Jesus Lane Meeting House; directions will be included in the final mailing.
Bookings close on 12 June 2017.
For more information contact:
Thais De Oliveira
Telephone: 020 7663 1013